- This event has passed.
International Day of Older Persons at Hamilton City Hall
September 29 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF OLDER PERSONS PUBLIC EVENT
What International Day of Older Persons Public Event
When Friday September 29, 2017
Time 11:00 to 1:30pm
Where Hamilton City Hall, 71 Main St. W., Council Chambers
- Challenges to Accessing Healthcare for older adults,
- by: Natalie Mehra, Executive Director, Ontario Health Coalition:
- Social Isolation among Seniors, by: Rachel Weldrick, McMaster University, Department of Health, Aging & Society
- Impact of Professional Staffing on the healthcare needs of seniors, by: Laurie Brown, VP Ontario Nurses Association
Good to Know
- Complimentary Refreshments
- Keynote Presentations on Healthcare
- Seniors Information Fair
- Greetings from Mayor Fred Eisenberger
About the event
On September 29, Hamilton will be celebrating the International Day of Older Persons with a public event at Hamilton City Hall. The event will be accompanied by keynote presentations, a seniors information fair, and light refreshments.
The theme of this years’ celebration is seniors health care issues.
For further details please contact Malcolm Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 575-5639
The International Day of Older Persons event is organized by a group of Greater Hamilton Area retiree organizations including the Hamilton, Burlington and Oakville Chapter of the Congress of Union Retirees of Canada, the Hamilton Chapter of the Canadian Association of Retired Persons, the Hamilton and Area Branch of the National Association of Federal Retirees and Steelworkers Organization of Active Retirees. Supporting organizations include Labour Community Services-United Way Halton & Hamilton, Hamilton Health Coalition, Hamilton Chapter of the Council of Canadians and the Hamilton Council on Aging