On behalf of the Age Friendly Collaborative Governance Committee- the Hamilton Council on Aging, City of Hamilton & Senior’s Advisory Committee, we would like to thank everyone who came out and supported the 2019 Age Friendly Hamilton Forum (Apr. 2, Michelangelo’s)!
The 2019 Age Friendly Hamilton Forum launched community consultation for Hamilton’s next Age Friendly Plan (2020-2025.) Thank you to the over 300 seniors who attended to “Have your Say”, 60 volunteer facilitators, special guests & to Susan Goodman for guiding this session. We were impressed by the honest and thoughtful feedback & ideas that we heard at this session to address the needs of seniors in our community!
Public Consultation for Hamilton’s next Age Friendly Plan will be taking place until September 2019. We are reaching out to older adults and key stakeholders in greater Hamilton to learn about your experiences, challenges, solutions & ideas to make Hamilton the “best place to age successfully.”
Here are the Different Ways you can ‘Have Your Say’ to inform Hamilton’s next Age Friendly Plan
- Complete our Individual Survey- PRINT
- Complete our Individual Survey- ONLINE (Coming in May 2019)
- 1.Organize a Group Discussion (Please utilize the attached Discussion Guide)
- Visit our Exhibit at the following upcoming Community Events:
- Retired Teacher’s Information Fair: April 26, 10-2, Sherman Centre
- 2019 Seniors Kickoff: May 29, 10-2, Michelangelos
- more to come!
For more information, to obtain hard copies of the attached surveys, or if you have questions, please contact: Shelagh Kiely-Hamilton Council on Aging (email@example.com, 905-777-3837 ext. 12238) or Lisa Maychak- City of Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org, 905-546-2424 ext. 1721) or