June 7 is the Ontario Provincial Election.
On May 22, the RTO (Chapter 13) and Hamilton Council on Aging co-hosted an All Candidates’ Night in the new provincial riding of Hamilton West-Ancaster-Dundas. The focus of this meeting was on seniors’ issues. All registered candidates’ in this riding were invited to participate & we were pleased to have Ted McMeekin, Peter Ormond & Sandy Shaw attend. Before you vote, learn where local candidates’ stand on issues affecting older adults…
- Click here to view a video transcript of the May 22- All Candidates’ Night: https://youtu.be/AP8reOFDZlo
- Audience members were invited to pose questions to local candidates’ at this meeting re: issues affecting older adults. Due to a limited timeframe, some questions went unanswered. Candidates’ in attendance have been presented with these questions in writing and their responses will be posted here as they come in, should they wish to respond.
You’re Never Too Old: Portraits of Aging
- Please click here to view “You’re Never too Old,” and see the portraits and inspirational messages from 18 local older adults
- Follow the Hamilton Council on Aging on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram to check out our #YoureNeverTooOld Online Campaign
- Read about how the HCoA Portraits of Aging Project hopes to Challenge Ageism (You’re Never Too Old Campaign aims to combat ageism, by Carmela Fragomeni, Hamilton Spectator, March 27, 2018)
Information Hamilton, in partnership with HCoA & Age Friendly Hamilton (City of Hamilton) is proud to release the 1st Edition of this Community Resource Guide to help older adults in Hamilton connect to their communities! Download your copy of the 2017 Age Friendly Hamilton Community Resource Directory for Older Adults Here!
Osteoporosis Canada, Ontario Osteoporosis Strategy, and the GERAS Centre for Aging Research are excited to announce the launch of 4-series of videos, aimed at educating health care professionals to prevent falls and fractures for long-term care (LTC) residents. This series is developed in partnership by Osteoporosis Canada, GERAS Centre for Aging Research, Ontario Osteoporosis Strategy, University of Waterloo, Hamilton Health Sciences, St. Peter’s Hospital, Extendicare, University Health Network, Schlegel Villages, and St. Joseph’s Villa.