REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR FALL 2018 PROGRAMS AT CITY OF HAMILTON SENIORS RECREATION FACILITIES! Visit the City of Hamilton website or any of the following Active Living Centres in Person to Register today!
- Sackville Hill
- Ancaster Senior Achievement Centre
- YWCA Active Living Centre, 75 MacNab St. S.
- YWCA Active Living Centre, 1715 Main St. E
- Flamborough Seniors Centre
New Program for Grandparents and Grandchildren (ages 6 to 12) Sackville Minor League!
Click here to view the program flyer. Contact Katelyn Burns for more information at 905-973-0891
You’re Never Too Old: Portraits of Aging
- Please click here to view “You’re Never too Old,” and see the portraits and inspirational messages from 18 local older adults
- Follow the Hamilton Council on Aging on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram to check out our #YoureNeverTooOld Online Campaign
- Read about how the HCoA Portraits of Aging Project hopes to Challenge Ageism (You’re Never Too Old Campaign aims to combat ageism, by Carmela Fragomeni, Hamilton Spectator, March 27, 2018)
Information Hamilton, in partnership with HCoA & Age Friendly Hamilton (City of Hamilton) is proud to release the 1st Edition of this Community Resource Guide to help older adults in Hamilton connect to their communities! Download your copy of the 2017 Age Friendly Hamilton Community Resource Directory for Older Adults Here!
Osteoporosis Canada, Ontario Osteoporosis Strategy, and the GERAS Centre for Aging Research are excited to announce the launch of 4-series of videos, aimed at educating health care professionals to prevent falls and fractures for long-term care (LTC) residents. This series is developed in partnership by Osteoporosis Canada, GERAS Centre for Aging Research, Ontario Osteoporosis Strategy, University of Waterloo, Hamilton Health Sciences, St. Peter’s Hospital, Extendicare, University Health Network, Schlegel Villages, and St. Joseph’s Villa.