We believe the community is enhanced by the wisdom, experience and participation of older adults.
October 1 is the United Nations International Day of Older Persons! Hamilton will join in celebrating seniors in our community with a free public event at Hamilton City Hall. The 2018 International Day of Older Persons will feature a series of keynote presentations, Seniors’ Information Fair – with up to 30 exhibits, light refreshments & prizes. The theme of Hamilton’s 2018 IDOP celebration is seniors’ health, well-being & quality of life.
- ALL, Please Join Us at the International Day of Older Persons Public Event: Monday October 1, 2018, 10:00am to 2:00pm , Hamilton City Hall, 71 Main St. W (2nd level•) Please see attached 2018 IDOP Community Notice and Flyer for details. Thank you in advance for your assistance sharing/posting information about this FREE public event to celebrate seniors in our community!
- Community Partners serving Seniors, Please Join Us as an Exhibitor at the 2018 IDOP Public Event (Seniors’ Information Fair). Space is limited and will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Interested groups are asked to please see the attached invitation letter for details and email your completed REGISTRATION FORM to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 14 at 4pm
- Media Inquiries, Please contact Malcolm Buchanan at email@example.com or 289-439-0157
Thank you for joining us to celebrate seniors in Hamilton. We hope to see you on Oct. 1 at the 2018 IDOP Event!
The 2018 IDOP Event is organized by: Greater Hamilton Chapter of the Congress of Union Retirees of Canada, Ontario Federation of Union Retirees, National Association of Federal Retirees-Hamilton Branch, Steelworkers Organization of Active Retirees, Hamilton Health Coalition, Hamilton Council of Canadians, Hamilton and District Labour Council, United Way of Halton & Hamilton, City of Hamilton & Hamilton Council on Aging.
You’re Never Too Old: Portraits of Aging
- Please click here to view “You’re Never too Old,” and see the portraits and inspirational messages from 18 local older adults
- Follow the Hamilton Council on Aging on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram to check out our #YoureNeverTooOld Online Campaign
- Read about how the HCoA Portraits of Aging Project hopes to Challenge Ageism (You’re Never Too Old Campaign aims to combat ageism, by Carmela Fragomeni, Hamilton Spectator, March 27, 2018)
Information Hamilton, in partnership with HCoA & Age Friendly Hamilton (City of Hamilton) is proud to release the 1st Edition of this Community Resource Guide to help older adults in Hamilton connect to their communities! Download your copy of the 2017 Age Friendly Hamilton Community Resource Directory for Older Adults Here!
Please click here to access a copy of the Hamilton Council on Aging 10th Annual Report to the Community. Hard copies of this report in regular and large print formats can be obtained by calling Shelagh Kiely at 905-777-3837 ext. 12238 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
HCoA 11th Annual General Meeting
Friday September 21, 2pm. to 4pm, St. Peter's Hospital Auditorium
Notice to Members: HCoA 11th Annual General Meeting & Community Forum
The membership of the Hamilton Council on Aging is asked to attend the 11th Annual General Meeting for the purposes of:
- receiving and considering the report of the directors;
- receiving and considering the report of the auditors;
- electing directors;
- approving ByLaw3 (Please see attachment.)
- transacting such further and other business as may be properly brought before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Proxy votes shall not be permitted at the Annual General Meeting.
Please RSVP BEFORE SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 online by following this link or by phoning Shelagh Kiely at 777-3837 ext. 12238.
The Hamilton Council on Aging (HCoA) promotes the social inclusion of ALL older adults by influencing attitudes, policies and programs in Hamilton. We envision an age friendly community that respects and values the contributions of seniors to all aspects of community life.
Details about the HCoA 11th Community Forum & Keynote Presentation, accompanying the AGM will be posted online by September 1, 2018.