We believe the community is enhanced by the wisdom, experience and participation of older adults.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR FALL 2018 PROGRAMS AT CITY OF HAMILTON SENIORS RECREATION FACILITIES! Visit the City of Hamilton website or any of the following Active Living Centres in Person to Register today!
- Sackville Hill
- Ancaster Senior Achievement Centre
- YWCA Active Living Centre, 75 MacNab St. S.
- YWCA Active Living Centre, 1715 Main St. E
- Flamborough Seniors Centre
New Program for Grandparents and Grandchildren (ages 6 to 12) Sackville Minor League!
Click here to view the program flyer. Contact Katelyn Burns for more information at 905-973-0891
You’re Never Too Old: Portraits of Aging
- Please click here to view “You’re Never too Old,” and see the portraits and inspirational messages from 18 local older adults
- Follow the Hamilton Council on Aging on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram to check out our #YoureNeverTooOld Online Campaign
- Read about how the HCoA Portraits of Aging Project hopes to Challenge Ageism (You’re Never Too Old Campaign aims to combat ageism, by Carmela Fragomeni, Hamilton Spectator, March 27, 2018)
Information Hamilton, in partnership with HCoA & Age Friendly Hamilton (City of Hamilton) is proud to release the 1st Edition of this Community Resource Guide to help older adults in Hamilton connect to their communities! Download your copy of the 2017 Age Friendly Hamilton Community Resource Directory for Older Adults Here!
Osteoporosis Canada, Ontario Osteoporosis Strategy, and the GERAS Centre for Aging Research are excited to announce the launch of 4-series of videos, aimed at educating health care professionals to prevent falls and fractures for long-term care (LTC) residents. This series is developed in partnership by Osteoporosis Canada, GERAS Centre for Aging Research, Ontario Osteoporosis Strategy, University of Waterloo, Hamilton Health Sciences, St. Peter’s Hospital, Extendicare, University Health Network, Schlegel Villages, and St. Joseph’s Villa.
Please click here to access a copy of the Hamilton Council on Aging 10th Annual Report to the Community. Hard copies of this report in regular and large print formats can be obtained by calling Shelagh Kiely at 905-777-3837 ext. 12238 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW! Let’s Ride a Bike Workshop & Lunch for Seniors
A new workshop facilitated by Certified CanBike Coaches (who are older adults!) to reintroduce seniors to cycling & get those 55+ back on their bikes!
Tuesday July 17, 10am to 1pm, St. Peter’s HARRP-705 Main Street East
Space is limited. Please register by contacting Shelagh Kiely at 905-777-3837 ext. 12238 or email email@example.com. A free lunch will be provided
SAVE THE DATE: HCoA 11th Annual General Meeting
Friday September 21, 2pm. St. Peter’s Hospital Auditorium
Please stay tuned for details, to be posted in August 2018.