Become a Member
- Receive updates and information about upcoming events and activities! Become an HCoA insider and be in the know about HCoA activities and seniors issues in the City!
- Let your voice be heard! Members shall have the right to attend meetings; to advise the Council through the Executive and the Board on matters relevant to the objects of the Council; to stand for office; to vote at all general meetings including the Annual General Meeting. Each individual and organization member is entitled to one vote.
Businesses and Organizations
Volunteer with Us
Are you interested in championing the
well-being of older adults?
The Hamilton Council on Aging is seeking candidates to join our Board of Directors.
We are seeking individuals who share our vision of advancing positive aging, promoting the health, well-being and social participation of all older adults so they may live well as vital and integral members of their community.
Ideally, candidates will possess expertise in one or more of the following professional backgrounds:
- Public Advocacy
About the Hamilton Council on Aging
The HCoA is a non-profit charitable organization that works collaboratively with individuals, community and government organizations, businesses, and decision makers to improve life for all older adults.
The Board operates under a governance model, with directors elected for a three-year term. Directors attend monthly meetings of the Board, participate in the work of committees, and actively support fundraising efforts.
As an inclusive organization, we welcome applications from members of racialized minorities, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, and people of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
All work of the HCoA is temporarily being conducted remotely due to covid-19.
Thank you for your interest however, only applicants
living or working in the Hamilton area will be considered.
Please submit your application by March 19, 2021
*MISSION, VISION, VALUES
MISSION: We advance positive aging — promoting the health,
well-being and social participation of ALL older adults — by influencing attitudes, policies and programs to include their voices.
VISION: Positive aging is visible in Hamilton.
VALUES: The Hamilton Council on Aging is committed to:
• Inclusion: We value the wisdom and experience of older adults and their right to experience a high quality of life, free of ageism.
• Diversity: We value the rich diversity of the Hamilton community and strive to include the many voices of older adults in all our endeavours.
• Collaboration: We value our shared work with volunteers and community partners, and know that their insights, knowledge and experience makes us stronger.
With our many different programs and no shortage of things to do, there are a wide-variety of volunteer opportunities with HCoA:
- Join a Committee
- Help with Special Events
- Become a Senior Peer Leader
- So much more
If you have time to give and are interested in working with us, we would love to hear from you!
Make a Donation
The Hamilton Council on Aging is a senior-driven organization that was founded in 2006 by a group of concerned citizens. The Council is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of all seniors in Hamilton. We envision an age-friendly community that respects and values its older adults, and provides them with the opportunity to participate fully in society.
If you would like to help our cause by making a donation, please click here.
For more information about opportunities with HCoA, please contact us!