The Hamilton Council on Aging is a senior-driven organization that was founded in 2005 by a group of concerned citizens. The Council is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of all seniors in Hamilton. We envision an age-friendly community that respects and values its older adults, and provides them with the opportunity to participate fully in society.
Ways to Give:
How to support using e-Transfer
1. Log in to your online banking account or mobile banking app.
2. Select the Interac e-Transfer option.
3. Add Hamilton Council on Aging as a new recipient. For the email address use email@example.com
4. **** To receive a tax receipt for a donation of $10+ **** include your first and last name and mailing address **** in the space provided for a message/comment.
5. Your donation will automatically be deposited into HCoA’s account. You will not need to set up a security question (there are a few banks that do not support automatic deposit so please check with your bank if you are being asked to setup a security question).
How to support by Cheque
You can donate by mailing a cheque, made payable to the Hamilton Council on Aging, to our temporary mailing address: c/o 205-550 Fennell Avenue East
Hamilton ON L8V 4S9
How to support by online Donation
You can donate online via Canada Helps, please click here
CanadaHelps.org is an organization that works with registered Canadian Charities to help them manage online donations.
Volunteer with Us
With our many different programs and no shortage of things to do, there are a wide-variety of volunteer opportunities with HCoA:
- Join a Committee
- Help with Special Events
- Become a Senior Peer Leader
- So much more
If you have time to give and are interested in working with us, we would love to hear from you! Please include a brief description of your skills and experience and indicate an area of interest.
Volunteer Board of Director
The Hamilton Council on Aging has an opportunity for a volunteer Board of Director, who can apply leadership, professional insight, and innovative thinking to further our work.
Thank you for your interest, however only applicants living or working in the Hamilton area will be considered.
About the Hamilton Council on Aging (HCoA)
The HCoA is a non-profit charitable organization that works collaboratively with individuals, community and government organizations, businesses, and decision makers to improve life for all older adults.
The Board operates under a governance model, with directors elected for a 3-year term. Directors attend monthly meetings of the Board, participate in the work of committees, and actively support fundraising efforts.
As an inclusive organization, we welcome applications from members of racialized minorities, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, and people of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.