Who We Are
The Hamilton Council on Aging (HCoA) is a non-profit charitable organization that was founded in 2005. A group of retired professionals, academics, and community leaders identified the need for an independent group that focuses on and addresses the systemic issues that affect the aging experience and recognized that some seniors fall through the cracks between existing agencies and government departments.
The Hamilton Council on Aging revisited its Mission, Vision and Values in 2022, to reflect our desire to advance positive aging experiences for ALL seniors.
We advance positive aging — promoting the health, well-being and social participation of ALL older adults — by influencing attitudes, policies and programs to include their voices.
Positive aging is visible in Hamilton.
The Hamilton Council on Aging is committed to:
- Inclusion: We value the wisdom and experience of older adults and their right to experience a high quality of life, free of ageism.
- Diversity: We value the rich diversity of the Hamilton community and strive to include the many voices of older adults in all our endeavours.
- Collaboration: We value our shared work with volunteers and community partners, and know that their insights, knowledge and experience make us stronger.
2021-2022 Financial Statements
2020-2021 Financial Statements
2019-2020 Financial Statements
2022-2023 Board of Directors
Dr. Lori Letts
Dr. Margaret Denton
Heather E. Watson
M. Angela (Angie) Armstrong
Funders & Partners
2020-2021 Partners in Positive Aging
- (Hamilton 350) EldersforClimate Sanity
- Aging in Community
- Alzheimer Society of Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk, Hamilton, Halton
- Amica, Dundas
- Behavioural Supports Ontario HNHB
- Home and Community Care Support Services (formerly LHIN)
- City of Hamilton
- Custodia Seniors Support
- Glanbrook Community Services
- Hamilton Jewish Social Services
- Hamilton Literacy Council
- McMaster Institute for Research in Aging (MIRA)
- National Association of Federal Retirees (Hamilton area)
- Osteoporosis Canada
- Senior Tai Chi Club
- Service Canada
- Shalom Village
- Symbiosis Cohousing
- United Way of Halton & Hamilton
- VON Hamilton
- Walk with a Doc
- Welcome Inn Community Centre
- Wesley Urban Ministries
- YWCA Hamilton
- The City of Hamilton – Age Friendly Hamilton
- The City of Hamilton – Seniors Engagement
- United Way of Halton & Hamilton – Improving Access for Seniors from Diverse Communities Program
- Province of Ontario – Inclusive Community Grant
- Alzheimer Society Foundation – Empowering Dementia-Friendly Communities – Hamilton & Haldimand Project
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Empowering Dementia-Friendly Communities – Hamilton & Haldimand Project