We believe the community is enhanced by the wisdom, experience and participation of older adults.
GERAS To Go
- Join us for a six-week workshop series on Successful Aging at the Good Shepherd Centre at 35 Aikman St. in Hamilton, ON, hosted by the GERAS Centre and developed by experts at Hamilton Health Sciences and McMaster University! Click here for the flyer
- Dates: October 25 to November 29
- Cost: $40
- Register Online: www.gerasinfo.eventbrite.ca By Phone: (905) 521-2100 x 12460
Hamilton Falls Prevention Coalition 3rd annual Healthy, Safe and Strong Wellness Day
Join us to learn how to stay healthy and independent! Professional speakers, displays, lunch and nutrition breaks. Healthy Safe & Stong Event 2016
- When: Wednesday November 9th, 2016
- Time: 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM (Registration @ 9:00 AM)
- Where: Sackville Hill Seniors’ Recreation Centre
- 780 Upper Wentworth Street, Hamilton
- Cost: Free Admission. Limited Seating
- Registration: Opens Monday October 3 – Call Sackville Hill Seniors’ Centre 905-546-2541
- Closes Wednesday November 2nd
- For more information: Lisa Campbell at 905-512-3795
The HCoA Older Adult Peer Connector Program connects people with information to empower seniors to make informed decisions. Volunteers provide face-to-face information about community programs and services at various library and community locations throughout greater Hamilton. Volunteers are provided with training on the wide array of programs and services for seniors. Specially designed training modules help volunteers to navigate the system to find information and make referrals to help other seniors!
This is a flexible volunteer opportunity for older adults to get involved and help other seniors in Hamilton! We are currently recruiting volunteers to join us at upcoming volunteer sessions.
- Click here to learn more about the HCoA Older Adult Peer Connector Program.
- Click here to fill out an Application to Volunteer with Us! Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the HCoA Older Adult Peer Connector Program, or to Get Involved, Contact Us!
The HCoA Older Adult Peer Connector Program is a partnership of the Hamilton Council on Aging, Hamilton Public Library, and Information Hamilton,
Generously funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.