We believe the community is enhanced by the wisdom, experience and participation of older adults.
Sponsor . . .Walk . . Pledge . . .Volunteer
www.hamiltonmarathon.ca |905-777-3837 ext. 12238
As the United Nations celebrates the 25th anniversary of the International Day of Older Persons, the HCoA is celebrating 25 local achievements. Please Join us in the Runner’s Den 2015 Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope Fundraiser, in support of HCoA and older adults in Hamilton!
4 Important Ways you can Support Team HCoA!
* Become a Team Member! You can walk or run for Team HCoA in the 2015 Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope! Register for the event of your choice at www.hamiltonmarathon.ca and start collecting pledges! Don’t forget to join Team HCoA!
* Pledge a Team Member! Pledge $5, $10, $25, $100 to a member of Team HCoA in the Hamilton Marathon. Every little bit helps and all proceeds go directly to support HCoA! Visit www.coahamilton.ca or call us!
* Volunteer! We are seeking Team Volunteers to assist us on race weekend. Please call for more information.
Thank you to all who Attended the Hamilton Council on Aging’s 8th Annual General Meeting on Friday September 18 at Sackville Hill Seniors Recreation Centre.
Highlights from the Hamilton Council on Aging 8th Annual General Meeting
- The HCoA Board bids a fond adieu to Dr. Graham Knight, outgoing Director. Graham has been instrumental in leading HCoA’s Communication’s initiatives over the past several years, including development of the HCoA Blog. Graham will continue to contribute to HCoA communications activities as an expert volunteer.
- Special Thanks to Dr. Amanda Grenier, Director, Gilbrea Centre for Studies in Aging, McMaster University for a thought-provoking keynote presentation: “Precarity in Later Life? Balancing Housing and ‘Home’
- Congratulations to Dr. Jenny Ploeg, HCoA 2015 Outstanding Recognition Award Recipient! A founding board member, Jenny has been instrumental in many HCoA activities and projects over the past ten years. The Hamilton Council on Aging is fortunate to have Jenny as a volunteer and thanks her for the many contributions she has made in HCoA’s life.
- The HCoA is pleased to present its 8th Annual Report to the Community
- Thank you to Sackville Hill for its contributions to the HCoA 8th Annual General Meeting. Special thanks to Vince Mercuri, Eleanor Morton, and Chef Paul for your support!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 905-777-3837 ext. 12238 to renew your membership for 2015-16!